Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Eyes of God

Well...mom and i were sitting at the bedside listening to Dr.Griffin tell us whats going on with Noah, and mom mentioned to him that he opened his left eye for uncle Brad last night. And the doc said, yeah he just opened it while we were talking. I guess he didnt realize how much we like to see those "little" things happening. So i sat there looking at Noah while they continued to talk, and around 11:34a (not that I was keeping track) he opened both eyes for a brief second, and then closed them. I think my heartrate jumped to about 230. It gave me a glimpse at little Noah. I take it as a good thing. Dr's may have their take, and nurses and others... blah blah blah. But to me, it was good to see his eyes open.

Right now, they see fluid in his lungs, probably due to aspiration, as well as his bodies ability to get rid of it efficiently. They are going to give him some diuretic to help drain him out, and probably give less fluids. Julie/Ethan may want to describe more of this later... so i wont say a lot, other than pray for Noah. He's a fighter.
uncle steve

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2005 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
I have just read through your blog and want you to know that I am praying for you, Ethan, Alyssa and little Noah. I went to High School with you Julie (feels like forever ago) and heard about Noah from Stephanie (Link) Wehner. I have no wise words, nor have I ever experienced anything like this, so I just wanted you to know that your family will be in my heart and in my prayers.

Allison (Frantz) Mayrgundter

 
At May 11, 2005 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie,
I know I haven't kept in touch in years. However, Stephanie Link Wehner just sent this along to me and I'm so glad. You and your family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.

I have seen an amazing medical miracle in the family of some friends of mine over the past 6 months, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt, it was the Hand of God moving in a little boy's life.

We serve a very mighty God who works through doctors many times, but can and does work completely independently. Don't lose heart!

People are praying!
Blessings,
Melissa Boler

 
At May 11, 2005 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ethan & Julie,
I am the aunt of Steve's friend, Joe Hays, in NY. He just posted on his blog about little Noah's passing. I just wanted to let you know how heartbroken I am for you and your extended family. We will be praying for all of you at the Brownfield (TX)Church of Christ tonight. God will provide you strength to see you through this difficult time. I am so sorry.
Joe's "aunt don" - Weedon Hays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home