Monday, August 15, 2005

Wristbands: Ira Lester Hays

At first I thought the fad of silicone wristbands was a little silly. Probably because I had not found a cause that meant enough to me. Now I have. 500 wristbands have been made for baby Ira. It is a physical reminder of a little boy who is still fighting. It is a way to show others that you care about someone other than yourself. And it is a way to tell someone about the hope and faith we have because of Jesus Christ. Green silicon wristbands are available with the inscription IRA LESTER HAYS. The bands are being sold for $5, but if you would like to donate more, that option is available. All the money from the sales (minus cost of stamp) will go to Joe and Laura Hays.

I believe that if you are still looking at our blog, that you have a love for God. And because we share that, will you please help us as we support a family who continues to struggle, a family who still needs our prayers and encouragement.

Buy your band today: www.irahays.blogspot.com

5 Comments:

At August 15, 2005 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Steve and Julie and others for this link to support the Hayes family. Many of us don't know them personally but want to be able to offer support. Thanks for establishing this avenue.
Lee Anne - Houston

 
At August 15, 2005 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to let Noah's legacy live on!

 
At August 16, 2005 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, I am so touched by this idea of the wrist bands and although I'm unable for some reason to get to pay pal (I think my company keeps us out). I tried sending you an e-mail but that failed as well. I believe you attend First Colony Church of Christ and I have a friend and co-worked that knows you. I'm going to give her a check to give to you next Sunday, her name is Kathy Westerfield and God Bless you for what you are doing for Baby Ira and the Hay's family. I really believe that you'll end up needing to order more than 500...I hope.

In Him,
Annie Galloway
Houston, Texas

 
At August 17, 2005 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Annie is right about needing more than 500! We are going to get our's as soon as possible.

As I've kept up with Ira's situation, I hoped there was a way for all of us that don't know the Hays personally to help somehow. Thanks to Steve and Jen and Ethan and Julie for this great idea. This will be an awesome testimony for our God who is good and binds our hearts together when other's are in need.

You guys are such an inspiration!
Ali and Ryan

 
At August 18, 2005 11:24 AM, Blogger Morgan said...

prayers for all of you. thank you for sharing your stories. things like this help us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home