Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Is Thank You Enough?

I have been telling Ethan that we need to write a Thank You note on the blog. I think the reason neither of us has done it, is because I do not think a simple "Thank You" is enough. We have been so touched by all the comments on the blog, the emails, the flowers/plants, the gift cards, the food, the hand written notes, and the monetary gifts that we have received. Noah sure woke up the body of Christ.

I know that the peace I feel right now is a result of all of you that have been praying for us and our family. There is definitately saddness. I found a small pillow today that Noah had in his bed at TX Children's. As I brought it to my face, I could still smell his sweet scent. And though things like this will continue to remind me of reality, God's peace still resides in me. Throughout this journey, I have been brought back to prayer as have many of you. And I know that it works! I hope that we can return the gift of prayer in your life some day.

Julie

5 Comments:

At May 17, 2005 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the saddness of your loss, I as well owe you a Thank You! You have truley inspired me to be a better Christian. For this i will forever be greatful~ Holly Parr Hernandez

 
At May 17, 2005 3:31 PM, Blogger sirEller said...

thanks juju. in hearing and seeing your peace, i'm sure it helps others deal and cope and grieve over the loss of our little feller. So I hope as things come to you both, you'll not be shy in sharing your journey of grief and mourning to help us in ours.
brother.

 
At May 17, 2005 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Julie and Ethan,
Julie--I don't think I ever formally met you back in our DHS days, and Ethan, I haven't seen you in years (my mom baby sat you when you were younger), but I feel compelled to write you both to let you know that I have been keeping up with you ever since I heard about precious Baby Noah's birth and his recent passing. I have cried for you and prayed for you this past week. I am so amazed at your strength during this difficult time in your lives, and I am inspired to become a better Christian because of the faith that you have both demonstrated these past couple weeks.
I will continue to pray for your family as you grieve and reflect on Noah's short time here on Earth. I think you are awesome people and Alyssa and Noah are so lucky to have you as parents.
--Jennifer Farrington Wisniewski

 
At May 18, 2005 3:02 PM, Blogger AMankin said...

Julie--Thank You!! For allowing God's glory to shine in times of heartache. For sharing your story. For allowing us the privialage of witnessing your strength and dependance on Christ. It is an honor to participate in the Kingdom of God along side you. Love you dearly--A

 
At May 25, 2005 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie and Ethan, Words are so terribly inadequate, we love you, grieve with you, and anticipate our joining Noah one day. We rarely receive answers to our "Why?" questions, but perhaps one day when we are no longer limited by this physical realm, we won't need to ask. Love, Gail and Bill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home